Treatment for Widespread Muscle Pain
Do you live through achy, tired, or painful muscles? Do you often feel involuntary contraction of muscles? These are just two of the obvious symptoms that accompanies fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) also known as widespread muscle pain.
What is Fibromyalgia Syndrome?
Muscle pain all over the body is a common complain nowadays, and as common as it may be, it is a difficult condition. The pain is often chronic, and it affects the bones and muscles of a patient which further leads to several other symptoms. Women have more tendencies to develop fibromyalgia than men. According to some researchers, the body’s pain sensations are increased due to the way by which the brain process pain’s signal and this is caused by fibromyalgia.
There is a misinterpretation of pain by the brain with those suffering from fibromyalgia. The pain receptor in the brain remembers pain signals, thereby causing an exaggeration to the pain signals down the road.
Find out how we assess Fibromyalgia here at Hygia Pain Institute
Common Symptoms of Fibromyalgia Syndrome
Fibromyalgia symptoms differs with each person. Nevertheless, the common symptoms include:
inability to exercise
pain everywhere on the body
stiffness everywhere in the body
widespread dull aches
sleeping problems because of the pain
cognitive difficulties (often described as “fibro fog”) related to attention, focus, and concentration)
irritable bowel syndrome
abdominal pain or cramps
If you suspect any of these symptoms in yourself or a loved one. If you live in Las Cruces or El Paso area, call Hygia Pain Institute to schedule your first visit.
What Causes Fibromyalgia Syndrome?
The exact causes of fibromyalgia are unknown. The cause could be the combination of several factors, such as infections, genetics, and/or physical/emotional trauma (i.e. post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD).
Treatment and Care Options
The advancement achieved within the past few years has made it possible to have several treatment options for this chronic disease.
Here at Hygia Pain Institute, you will get the best treatment approach by our team. Our team of experts will always be there to help you manage your clinical symptoms. Also, they will be there to render support for you in regards to managing any personal or professional difficulty you experience because of fibromyalgia.
Few treatment and care options for fibromyalgia:
Managing and Living with Fibromyalgia Syndrome
A proper home care is crucial to the management of fibromyalgia.
Here are some tips and strategies for self-care:
- Healthy lifestyle. This includes eating healthy, limiting caffeine, and doing what you love.
- Learn to pace yourself in daily activities. Understand your body and listen to whatever it tells you per time. If it’s a break that you need, take one. Pay close attention to symptoms.
- Have an exercise plan that is systematically organized for you. This includes knowing the types of exercise that are best for your condition. Once you are able to figure this out, then stick with it.
- Minimize the level at which you stress yourself. Take it easy. Find the stress techniques that is perfect for you such as deep breath exercises or yoga.
- Plenty of rest and sleep are crucial to the elimination of fatigue. Take a lot of time to rest. Nap if you feel you need to.
- Do not keep to yourself, join a fibromyalgia support group, talk to people who have the same condition as you do. You can share your experiences with the condition and they can share theirs with you, too.
- Educate yourself about widespread muscle pain.
Resources and Tools: What Should You Do Now?
Even though general muscle pain is a common complain nowadays, suffering from the symptoms should no longer be your experience. Everyone suffering from fibromyalgia can count on Hygia Pain Institute for a conservative way of treating symptoms and pain that are connected to the medical condition —without the use of addictive painkillers or invasive surgery.
If you suffer from fibromyalgia in the Las Cruces or El Paso area, please contact Hygia Pain Institute today!