Managing and Living with Fibromyalgia Syndrome
A proper home care is crucial to the management of fibromyalgia.
Here are some tips and strategies for self-care:
- Healthy lifestyle. This includes eating healthy, limiting caffeine, and doing what you love.
- Learn to pace yourself in daily activities. Understand your body and listen to whatever it tells you per time. If it’s a break that you need, take one. Pay close attention to symptoms.
- Have an exercise plan that is systematically organized for you. This includes knowing the types of exercise that are best for your condition. Once you are able to figure this out, then stick with it.
- Minimize the level at which you stress yourself. Take it easy. Find the stress techniques that is perfect for you such as deep breath exercises or yoga.
- Plenty of rest and sleep are crucial to the elimination of fatigue. Take a lot of time to rest. Nap if you feel you need to.
- Do not keep to yourself, join a fibromyalgia support group, talk to people who have the same condition as you do. You can share your experiences with the condition and they can share theirs with you, too.
- Educate yourself about widespread muscle pain.
Resources and Tools: What Should You Do Now?
Even though general muscle pain is a common complain nowadays, suffering from the symptoms should no longer be your experience. Everyone suffering from fibromyalgia can count on Hygia Pain Institute for a conservative way of treating symptoms and pain that are connected to the medical condition —without the use of addictive painkillers or invasive surgery.
If you suffer from fibromyalgia in the Las Cruces or El Paso area, please contact Hygia Pain Institute today!